Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Love for Reading
Developing a love for reading begins at home. In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday March 2, here are some tips for reading with your children:
• Create a special reading place. Keep age-appropriate books and magazines on shelves they can reach. Keep it organized and appealing. Change the materials often — add seasonal books, rotate different magazines and include books that relate to what kids are interested in or studying in school. For younger kids, try decorating the corner with your child’s artwork or writing.
• Make it a routine – whether it’s right before breakfast or right before bed, set aside a special time every day …
We asked a group of children some questions about Valentine’s Day. We collected their responses – some heartwarming, funny and downright hilarious!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
What is Valentine’s Day?
1. What is that day again? The one with hearts? – Cooper, age 5
2. When people love each other. – Danas, age 4
3. A day with hearts. – Trinity, age 5
4. On Friday, the boys care about the girls. – Makinsey, age 4
5. It is a day of caring, sharing, love and family. – Sigourney, age 7
Who is your Valentine?
1. My Valentine is my brother. We love to play and make each other laugh. – …
“5, 4, 3, 2, 1 — Happy New Year!” How did you ring in 2014? In front of the TV surrounded by loved ones watching the ball drop? Out dancing? Toasting champagne with friends? Reno resident Karissa Roa had an evening she’ll never forget, but the New Year was furthest from her mind. Karissa was at Renown Children’s Hospital focused intently on delivering her second child. Doctors and nurses counted down the New Year in her room as Karissa worked through the last leg of her 12-hour labor. Twenty-nine minutes later her daughter was born.
Beautiful Brylee arrived happy and healthy, weighing in at …