How would your kids like to become a HealthCare Hero? Maybe go to Pirate Boot Camp or go rock climbing? There are plenty of fun options for kids in the Reno-Sparks area during Spring Break.
As part of the new balanced calendar this 2013-2014 school year, all schools in the Washoe County School District will have a two-week Spring Break this year – March 31 to April 11. Here are some fun options that might intrigue the kids:
Vacation Station, through the City of Reno Parks & Recreation, offers many different programs for ages six to 14 at these locations: Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center, Plumas Gym, and Double Diamond Elementary …
Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Love for Reading
Developing a love for reading begins at home. In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday March 2, here are some tips for reading with your children:
• Create a special reading place. Keep age-appropriate books and magazines on shelves they can reach. Keep it organized and appealing. Change the materials often — add seasonal books, rotate different magazines and include books that relate to what kids are interested in or studying in school. For younger kids, try decorating the corner with your child’s artwork or writing.
• Make it a routine – whether it’s right before breakfast or right before bed, set aside a special time every day …
We asked a group of children some questions about Valentine’s Day. We collected their responses – some heartwarming, funny and downright hilarious!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
What is Valentine’s Day?
1. What is that day again? The one with hearts? – Cooper, age 5
2. When people love each other. – Danas, age 4
3. A day with hearts. – Trinity, age 5
4. On Friday, the boys care about the girls. – Makinsey, age 4
5. It is a day of caring, sharing, love and family. – Sigourney, age 7
Who is your Valentine?
1. My Valentine is my brother. We love to play and make each other laugh. – …