There are many reasons to love living in northern Nevada, but one of the biggest is its wide array of outdoor activities.
This season, bundle up and make winter activities a priority with this list of entertaining and adventurous things-to-do. Bonus — you’ll actually burn more calories because your body has to work harder to stay warm.
- Organize a scavenger hunt
Make food-colored ice cubes, or simply grab some fruits and vegetables, and hide them in a designated area in the snow. Watch as everyone tries to find them in this …
During the holiday and winter season, there are many items and activities that create a risk for fire in the home. Families are often cooking bigger dinners, the winter-chill means the heaters are on full blast and the Christmas tree can also be a fire hazard. Here are home safety tips provided by SafeKids.
Tips for the tree:
- Keep all live trees in stands that hold water. Check the water every day.
- Don’t place live trees near heat sources like heater vents, radiators, space heaters or ducts.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets with plugs or overload a single circuit.
- Metal can cause an electrical short or fire if it comes in contact with lights …