We asked a group of children some questions about Valentine’s Day. We collected their responses – some heartwarming, funny and downright hilarious!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
What is Valentine’s Day?
1. What is that day again? The one with hearts? – Cooper, age 5
2. When people love each other. – Danas, age 4
3. A day with hearts. – Trinity, age 5
4. On Friday, the boys care about the girls. – Makinsey, age 4
5. It is a day of caring, sharing, love and family. – Sigourney, age 7
Who is your Valentine?
1. My Valentine is my brother. We love to play and make each other laugh. – …
Five-year old Kimberly was just an infant when she was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis – a chronic lung disease that she will battle her entire life. After receiving her diagnosis, the family moved to Seattle briefly before returning to northern Nevada and a climate that seemed to help Kimberly breathe better.
Still, every three months or so, Kimberly gets sick and needs to be hospitalized.
Like many girls her age, Kimberly likes music and dancing and loves Minnie Mouse.
Vickie Fisher, JD, CPST-I, Point of Impact Program Coordinator, REMSA
Many parents know about LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) — the system in cars that can make car seats easier to install. What parents and caregivers may not know is that the LATCH system has a weight limit and under new federal rules, this weight limit is changing.
Under the new rule that is put into effect this month, the weight limit for the lower anchors will be 65 pounds. That means that both the weight of the child and the car seat combined MUST be less than 65 pounds to use the …