Jessica Good, Certified Nurse Midwife, Renown Health
A Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) is a person who received a Masters degree specializing in taking care of women, both during and outside of pregnancy. Nurse Midwives are also qualified to take care of newborns in their early life.
Typically, midwives are nurses first. The schooling takes two to three years and midwives must be certified in order to practice, meaning they have to all meet the same standards. Midwives are different than doctors in that they are with expectant mothers during labor and are present for more of the labor experience. In addition, CNMs help the moms-to-be with a lot with …
Getting your kids to eat their peas, broccoli and carrots can feel like a never-ending struggle. What’s a parent do to?
Nutritionists at Renown Regional Medical Center have a few tricks up their sleeves as part of National Nutrition Month to get kids to give up the healthy-eating fight. During their regular rounds at the hospital, our nutritionists have been handing out some fun, creative games about a healthy diet to our youngest patients that have them excited about nutrition and on the path to eating those veggies and making good food choices.
We thought we’d share these activities with you and your children so you too can have some playtime with a purpose.
You are invited to visit the community’s newest resource for new and expecting parents. The Shops at Renown is opening a new 800 square foot retail store specializing in all-things breastfeeding
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- 4-6 p.m.
- Shops at Renown, Renown Regional Medical Center
- Across from the Uniform Shop and Starbucks
This new lactation connection will feature:
- Private consultation room for appointments with one of Renown’s five certified lactation consultants, including Robin Hollen, most known for “Starfish Moms.” Our consultants have more than 75 years of combined lactation experience.
- Sales and rentals of breast pumps
- Breast pump supplies (bottles, bags, pillows, bras, etc.)
- Baby/infant retail items
- Weigh scales for drop-in weight checks
- Certified bra-fitter
- Lactation Liaison to assist parents to the proper level …