You are invited to visit the community’s newest resource for new and expecting parents. The Shops at Renown is opening a new 800 square foot retail store specializing in all-things breastfeeding
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- 4-6 p.m.
- Shops at Renown, Renown Regional Medical Center
- Across from the Uniform Shop and Starbucks
This new lactation connection will feature:
- Private consultation room for appointments with one of Renown’s five certified lactation consultants, including Robin Hollen, most known for “Starfish Moms.” Our consultants have more than 75 years of combined lactation experience.
- Sales and rentals of breast pumps
- Breast pump supplies (bottles, bags, pillows, bras, etc.)
- Baby/infant retail items
- Weigh scales for drop-in weight checks
- Certified bra-fitter
- Lactation Liaison to assist parents to the proper level …
A hospital visit can be a scary experience for a youngster, but having a friend to lean on is great medicine for alleviating those fears. So it was with Savannah Peaslee and Olivia Ward during their recent stay at Renown Children’s Hospital.
The girls — both budding artists who suffer from asthma — had never met before their hospitalization. Olivia (age 7) lives in Sacramento and was visiting her grandmother in Reno at the time, and Savannah (age 8) lives in Reno. The girls experienced difficulty breathing on the same day and were admitted to the hospital around the same time. Day …
Tamsen Carson, PA, Renown Health
An induction of labor (or IOL) is done for a variety of reasons, but the goal is to start the labor process for whatever reason, including complications with pregnancy such as low fluid around the baby, restricted growth, gestational diabetes, and being post-dates (or past your due date). There are a lot of reasons why you can be induced, but unless you have a medical reason, it is usually best for you and your baby to wait until your doctor thinks it is necessary. Sometimes, this can be as late as one-to-two weeks after your due date.
An IOL is started based on a handful of …